Nursery Manager (Knaresborough)
We are looking for a dedicated Nursery Manager at Twinkles Knaresborough with excellent knowledge of early years practice and child development, who will continually inspire and motivate staff to provide outstanding teaching and learning. This role will oversee the operation of the nursery to the highest standards, ensuring that the best possible environment and care are provided for young children.
The Nursery Manager will:
- Promote the Twinkles mission statement and ethos at all times
- Create a welcoming and family friendly environment.
- Be a member of the management team and to contribute to the strategic planning, monitoring, evaluation and development of the Nursery.
- Be responsible at all times for high standards of care and education of children between six weeks to five years in the nursery and five years to eleven years in the Out of School Club in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Ensure the EYFS is promoted and delivered within the setting and the principles adhered to.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the Nursery business, forecasting your profit and loss and managing your staffing levels accordingly.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Ofsted requirements.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to lead and inspire your staff team, providing support and guidance where needed.
The role will cover office administration and finance of all nursery activities to managing effective staff recruitment, supervision of staff, conducting regular staff assessments, supervision of the planning and preparation of activities to develop all aspects of the child’s individual development in a stimulating atmosphere maintaining staff ratios and ensuring staff are deployed effectively. Maintain effective liaison with parents.
We believe that our staff are our best asset and have helped us build and maintain an excellent reputation for providing high quality childcare. We employ dedicated, caring, qualified staff and they are the key to our success. As a result, we have a very consistent team at each nursery, providing a welcoming and stimulating environment for young children.
Twinkles can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Annual Awards Evening for all employees
- Above average holidays
- Attendance bonus
- Regular training opportunities
- Discounted childcare
- 12-week induction & support programme upon joining the team
- Paediatric First Aid Training after passing probationary period
- Heavily subsidised Christmas Party at a quality location
Our nurseries have been voted in the top ten Day Nurseries in
Yorkshire & Humber in 2014, 2015 & 2016
Join the Twinkles Team and let us help you shine!!
For further information and to apply, please contact Claire Rankin (HR Manager)
email@example.com Tel: 0113 2434573
Alternatively, you can post your application to:
5 – 8 Church Walk
CLOSING DATE 4PM ON FRIDAY 16TH JUNE 2017
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ON WEDNESDAY 21ST JUNE 2017
Twinkles Nurseries are committed to safeguarding children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for these positions.