An amazing opportunity for a Nursery Manager has arisen at our award winning, private day nursery based in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire. Twinkles Knaresborough is part of the Twinkles Nurseries group, with six nurseries across West and North Yorkshire.
This is a full time, all year round position, working 43 hours per week on a shift rota basis. The nursery is open 7.30am-6pm, Monday to Friday. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the setting, overseeing all operations. The successful Nursery Manager will be passionate and enthusiastic about working with children in all aspects of their care, learning and development and be highly skilled and professional. You will have the ability to motivate the team and liaise with parents, Senior Managers, Ofsted and other professionals as necessary and ensure that all legal and statutory requirements are implemented.
We require an experienced Manager who shares our vision to be wonderful in every way. Someone who is bursting with enthusiasm and passion. You will have a natural affinity with parent partnerships and be focused on delivering excellent standards of care and education. You will be an exceptional team leader, who can role model and monitor to maintain a very high quality nursery in both care and education. You will be able to lead and inspire your future team as they in turn lead children through their amazing journey of learning and discovery; guiding and enabling them as they grow and develop.
Your responsibilities will be varied and far reaching including:
- Achieving and maintaining the highest standards of care & education
- Leading and managing the staff team effectively
- Supporting the management of staff recruitment and retention
- Managing & monitoring occupancy levels effectively
- Ensuring all policies are implemented and adhered to at all times
- Developing and maintain our excellent partnerships with parents
- Excellent knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Level 3 in Childcare and a BA (Hons) or EYP an advantage but not essential
- Minimum 2 years post- qualification experience and previous supervisory experience
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines and within the Twinkles Company expectations
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Knowledge and experience of delivering OFSTED standards
- Strong people management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a staff team
- Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities
- Passion for delivering outstanding childcare and learning
- Lots of energy and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
Twinkles offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Recognition of length of service with holiday incentives
- Extensive ongoing training opportunities
- Outstanding supportive working environment
- Annual awards evening
- Generous 50% discount on childcare
- Attendance bonus
- Above average holidays
- 12 week induction & support programme upon joining
- Heavily subsided Christmas Party at a quality location
All enquires are completely confidential. Twinkles Nurseries are committed to Safeguarding children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS and two satisfactory references are required for this position. Twinkles Nurseries works in partnership to ensure we promote a safe working culture for families, children and all nursery practitioners.
Twinkles Nurseries are now looking for dedicated qualified Nursery Nurses to join the team in our excellent location in Knaresborough.
Special offer for those who join our nursery in Knaresborough this month
£250 Bonus (T&Cs apply) and a 40% discount in childcare
The positions are permanent, full time at a top Nursery that will dedicate its time to fully support you in developing new skills and career progression
If you are to be successful you will need to be an energetic and enthusiastic individual, with an understanding of safeguarding and EYFS, who can adapt quickly and become an integral member of the team.
We want to recruit someone who wants to exceed their expectations, hard working with great communication and interpersonal skills as you will be working with children age 6 months to 5 years, so you must have a love of working with children, have a calm demeanour and great levels of spoken and written English.
Please be aware that if you are to be successful you will be subject to an enhanced DBS check as Twinkles Nurseries are committed to safeguarding children and expect all staff to volunteer to share this commitment